ndt-users - Re: NDT Server Live CD ISO not running on USB CD-ROM?

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: NDT Server Live CD ISO not running on USB CD-ROM?

  • From: Scott Fringer <>
  • To: Richard Carlson <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: NDT Server Live CD ISO not running on USB CD-ROM?
  • Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:47:31 -0400

Rich;
I can't mount the USB drive at all.
I have the USB stick installed prior to booting the system; does not
appear to be detected.
When I issue the sudo mount /dev/sda1 <mount point>, it returns:

mount: can't find /UNIONFS/dev/sda1 in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

Never during any process do I see the activity light on the USB drive
flicker.
I've verified USB is enabled in the BIOS; and the stick works fine on
another system.
I'll admit here, now, that this is the first time I've ever attempted
to mount a USB drive under Linux.

Scott