ndt-users - Re: Safari copy and paste problem on Knoppix NDT 3.3.12

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: Safari copy and paste problem on Knoppix NDT 3.3.12

  • From: Richard Carlson <>
  • To: Clarke Morledge <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Safari copy and paste problem on Knoppix NDT 3.3.12
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:53:49 -0400

Hi Clarke;

This certainly sounds like some kind of SDK/JRE compatibility issue. What server are you testing against and what SDK did you use to build the applet? Was it the same SDK for both the 3.1.4b & 3.3.12 servers? Did you try using the -source 1.x directive that Matt Mathis pointed out when building the applet? You can manually re-run this with the commands

% cd ndt-3.3.12/Applet
% javac -source 1.3 Tcpbw100.java
% jar -cmf MANIFEST.MF Tcp*.class
% sudo cp *.class *.jar /usr/local/ndt

(Notes: This assumes that you have everything installed in the /usr/local directory. You can use -source 1.3 or -source 1.4 to create the .class files.)

Finally, does the "Report Problems" button work, this should open up the default email client, create a new message, address it to the NDT admin, and automatically fill in the body of the message.

Rich