ndt-users - Safari copy and paste problem on Knoppix NDT 3.3.12

Subject: ndt-users list created

Safari copy and paste problem on Knoppix NDT 3.3.12

  • From: Clarke Morledge <>
  • To: Richard Carlson <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Safari copy and paste problem on Knoppix NDT 3.3.12
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 15:27:00 -0400 (EDT)

Rich,

I am running the latest Safari web browser, version 2.0.4 (419.3), on Apple's Tiger Mac OS X. Unfortunately, the "copy" function on the NDT 3.3.12 web page no longer works with Safari.

I noticed the problem when I asked a user to run NDT on their Mac and they were not able to copy and paste their test results. I was able to reproduce the same problem on my Mac.

I do not have this problem with Safari using NDT 3.1.4b.

However, if I use Firefox version 1.5.0.6 on Mac OS X Tiger, I do NOT have any problem with copy and paste on NDT 3.3.12.

So this does look peculiar to the Safari web browser, which is known to have some oddities in the Java implementation when compared to other flavors....

Clarke Morledge
College of William and Mary
Jones Hall (Room 18)
Williamsburg VA 23187