ndt-users - Re: 5.4.8 may misreport window scaling

Subject: ndt-users list created

Re: 5.4.8 may misreport window scaling

  • From: Peter Van Epp <>
  • To: Richard Carlson <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: 5.4.8 may misreport window scaling
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 09:03:14 -0700

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 09:03:15AM -0400, Richard Carlson wrote:
> Hi Peter;
>
> Thanks for the details. I certainly recommend killing and restarting the
> browser between tests. The major thing I've noticed is that the browser
> wouldn't always reload the applet. So if I change the applet code but
> don't restart the browser I don't get the new code. I started appending a
> letter to the applet version to make sure I was getting the code I expected.
>
> In any case, I'll check my window scale code to make sure it is reporting
> stuff correctly.
>
> Rich

We saw it again on Friday just before an important meeting involving
beer intervened :-). A brief poke indicates its probably a local kernel
problem
rather than ndt. When window scaling was reported off the web100 receive
scaling
variable claimed window scaling was 0 (when it shouldn't have been) so we
think
there is something wrong lower down somewhere.