shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 15:23:45 -0400

Well, I think the problem is that there is quite a large SAML 1 only install base right now and a lot of them aren't show much sign of moving. We still know there are a significant number of folks running Shib 1.3 and many of the other opensource IdPs are are SAML 1 only.

I would love to not have to do it though, just because I think people should move to SAML 2, I'm just not sure it's realistic.