shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To:
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 01:16:57 -0400

> All to provide functionality that already exists in the C++ SP, or, if the
>developers are really insistent, they
> could get by picking up OpenSSO from ForgeRock or OIOSAML or one of the
> other alternatives.

That's kind of the problem from the Shibboleth project perspective. The more
apps that "get by" with insufficient metadata and trust management, the more
our community has to suffer. Those implementations are simply not viable
operationally, and the question we're trying to answer is "how can we fix
that?". Can we get them to take their software seriously (clearly with
OpenSSO, the answer's probably no, that code is dead), or do we have to fill
the gap?