shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 17:00:54 -0400

I'm referring to the same work you would need to do to make an existing application work with the current C++ SP. So, getting it to initiate authentication, read data from headers instead of some internal store, etc.

As to why a person might want a Java SP vs the C++ one, I personally think it comes to what you want/need your environment to look like. The C++ SP requires you to have a webserver in front of your Servlet container, maybe that's not acceptable due to lack of skill or the additional complexity it adds (i.e. two more process that could fail and take down your site).