shibboleth-dev - Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again

  • From: "RL 'Bob' Morgan" <>
  • To: Shibboleth Dev Team <>
  • Subject: Re: [Shib-Dev] Return of the Java SP... again
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 12:09:04 -0700 (PDT)

In terms of protocols we'd implement the Shib and SAML 2 SSO and SAML 1 and 2 Attribute query profiles.

I wonder about the need to include Shib/SAML1. I suppose these are in the existing Java OpenSAML libraries so support for them may not be expensive, but once they're in the product they will stay in for a long time, and costs to remove support eventually could be significant. People are somehow meeting their Shib/SAML1 needs with existing methods; new deployments should be supporting SAML 2. Is there deployer demand for supporting the older protocol versions?

- RL "Bob"