shibboleth-dev - RE: OS X info, webDAV use case

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: OS X info, webDAV use case

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: "'Wilcox, Mark'" <>, 'Ryan Muldoon' <>, ,
  • Subject: RE: OS X info, webDAV use case
  • Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:56:09 -0400

>The question is how do you entice the biggest DAV client of them all --
>Microsoft, to change to support something Shibboleth when they SPENGO &
>Passport, since I don't think they're looking to support SAML?

I wasn't specifically looking at Microsoft with that comment, but in their
case, all they need do is document the file system interface, and they have.
I'm not saying it's trivial to build one, but if there's a problem to be
solved, there's at least a potential solution.

Unlike Kerberos clients et al, it ought to be a relatively zero-footprint
thing.