shibboleth-dev - Re: OS X info, webDAV use case

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: OS X info, webDAV use case

  • From: "Diego R. Lopez" <>
  • To: "David L. Wasley" <>
  • Cc: Walter Hoehn <>, Scott Cantor <>, "'Tom Barton'" <>, "'Wilcox, Mark'" <>,
  • Subject: Re: OS X info, webDAV use case
  • Date: 26 Sep 2003 16:28:46 +0200

> I would also like to be able to
> perform configuration-controlled logic to answer compound queries,
> e.g. is this a 3rd year medical student who has passed xxx qualifying
> exams? In made-up meta code
> answer = (user(year-toward-degree) == 3) && (user(exam_result(xxx)
> >= "pass");
> return(answer);

This is the kind of things we are doing with the SPOCP server (do you
remember Roland Hedberg's presentation at last I2 meeting in
Arlington?).

For example, at one of our user intitutions, the authZ engine is
answering queries of the type "This is a full professor in the area
of Life Sciences and participating in the EC-funded project X, is
authorized to go to resource Y?"
It is a little complicated until you find a way to somehow standardize
your way of writing rules (and queries), but it is really powerful and
fast. The guys at this institution are talking about implementing
an XSLT tranformer from XML into the native SPOCP language. This
is a tough task in the general case, but once you have defined your
rule style may be almost straightforward.

Best regards,

Diego R. Lopez

RedIRIS
The Spanish NREN