wg-multicast - Re: (MSDP problems in the internet) USA WNY-HPNVI 24/7 Live Surgery at 1330 EST

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: (MSDP problems in the internet) USA WNY-HPNVI 24/7 Live Surgery at 1330 EST

  • From: Toerless Eckert <>
  • To: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • Cc: Toerless Eckert <>, John Zwiebel <>, David Meyer <>, Robert Olson <>, "Lucy E. Lynch" <>, Bill Owens <>, ,
  • Subject: Re: (MSDP problems in the internet) USA WNY-HPNVI 24/7 Live Surgery at 1330 EST
  • Date: Mon, 13 May 2002 20:02:41 -0700

On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 10:54:55PM -0400, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> Toerless;
>
> Now I will repeat myself :) I agree with what you say. What I am
> specifically
> agreeing with are the proposals to basically freeze MSDP as is, put it to
> be as
> an RFC, and move on. I do not care what sort of RFC that is.

Well, what is the argument with which one would argue that a
frozen MSDP is not appropriate for standards track but it is
appropriate for experimental ? Besides the ubiquitous "security"
argument that you of course in the IETF use on anything to avoid it
going for standards track.

Are we still on the right bus for our destination (oops "mailinglist"!)

Cheers
Toerless