mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help

  • From: Neill Miller <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:31:49 -0600 (CST)

Hello Scott,

----- "Scott Cantor"

> Now say you want this:
>
> <saml:AttributeValue>
> <foo:Bar>...</foo:Bar>
> </saml:AttributeValue>
>
> That is NOT an xsi:type of foo:BarType; the content model instead is a
> sequence of one <foo:Bar> element, which is not what foo:BarType is.

In this case, how is this done? (i.e. What would the builder/addition of
this type look like in terms of putting together an attribute containing it?)

> If you wanted the XML to reflect an xsi:type of foo:BarType for the
> attribute's values, then instead you want this:
>
> <saml:AttributeValue>
> </saml:AttributeValue>
>
> where the content there is whatever the content of <foo:Bar> would
> be.

This is an interesting one, but my <foo:Bar> type has no content, only
attributes (e.g. <foo:Bar param1="foo" param2="bar" />). What would that
look like in this case?

> The former case, you need to build an AttributeValue object and add
> your XMLObject as a child.

I don't think I can instantiate an AttributeValue object so that anything can
be added. I have instead been instantiating the type that I want and using
the AttributeValue element name along with my type.

Can you specify how it can be done?

thanks,
-Neill.