mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:42:28 -0500

Neill Miller wrote on 2009-02-09:
> In this case, how is this done? (i.e. What would the builder/addition
> of this type look like in terms of putting together an attribute
> containing it?)

I have no idea, that's why I said I can't give you the code. I can only tell
you what it has to do.

> This is an interesting one, but my <foo:Bar> type has no content, only
> attributes (e.g. <foo:Bar param1="foo" param2="bar" />). What would that
> look like in this case?

The attributes would be inside the <AttributeValue> element and it would have
no content.

> I don't think I can instantiate an AttributeValue object so that anything
> can be added. I have instead been instantiating the type that I want and
> using the AttributeValue element name along with my type.

That would be the other option, the one that's actually an xsi:type of your
custom type.

I would guess that since AttributeValue is of anyType, you'd have to use the
XSAny object set to construct it by itself. Or you'll have to, as Brent said,
build a custom class set that handles not only the child element's type but
also the type represented by an element with that element as a child.