mace-opensaml-users - RE: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>, "'Neill Miller'" <>
  • Subject: RE: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help
  • Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:32:23 -0500

Brent Putman wrote on 2009-02-09:
> An XMLObject is the fundamental interface in the OpenSAML stack.
> Generally, you have an XMLObject implementation for each XML element
> and/or type that you want to support.

You've probably worked with other XML serialization systems, like JAXB
perhaps. This is the same idea, except that there's no schema compiler to
generate the code for you unfortunately.

Brent, doesn't the library have a "proxy" object that can handle the creation
of wildcarded XML? I know Chad and I somewhat disagree on the advisability of
using that for real work, but I thought it existed at least.