mace-opensaml-users - Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help

  • From: Brent Putman <>
  • To:
  • Cc: 'Neill Miller' <>
  • Subject: Re: [OpenSAML] OpenSAML 2.0 custom data type help
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 15:22:54 -0500

Scott Cantor wrote:

> Brent, doesn't the library have a "proxy" object that can handle the
> creation of wildcarded XML? I know Chad and I somewhat disagree on the
> advisability of using that for real work, but I thought it existed at least.

Yes, it does have the (perhaps confusingly-named or even mis-named)
XSAny provider, which is both element-extensible and
attribute-extensible. One could probably use that for a simple case
such as this, where you didn't want to implement custom XMLObject providers.

You can get a builder for that by using the QName provided by
Configuration.getDefaultProviderQName().