mace-opensaml-users - RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

  • From: "George Stanchev" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 16:08:52 -0700

I still haven't got to building on linux, but for solaris, here is what
I found so far:

acx_pthread.m4, line 108, if you switch from

"acx_pthread_flags="-pthread -pthreads pthread -mt $acx_pthread_flags"

acx_pthread_flags="-pthreads -pthread pthread -mt $acx_pthread_flags"

It fixes part of the problem. I googled around and found other
open source projects's CVS or SVN commits in which they fix this file
in this way. It basically forces the configuration scripts to look
for the right option first on solaris.

For some reason, there are two such options emitted at build time and
I cannot find which one generates the second one. Will look at it
Monday or over the weekend. I must admit I am unix configuration
newbie so it might take me a bit longer than someone who knows that
stuff.

George