mace-opensaml-users - RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 19:14:29 -0400

> Oh, and on solaris, it generates -pthread option, but g++ complains it
> is an unrecognized option so I had to fix the Makefile manually but that
still
> doesn't address the error above.

I think for that to happen, your build environment itself isn't correct in
some way. You're possibly mixing gcc and Sun CC libraries in some way and
the
-pthread option is coming from some other dependency's build settings. When
you do a straight configure with gcc, it detects that -pthread won't work,
and should be generating -pthreads without the -mt option that CC uses.

I note this because you're probably wasting your time unless you fix that
issue in the long run.

From what I can tell from a quick test with CC, the current trunk doesn't
build on Solaris yet. Died right off the bat and had a lot of warnings too.
I don't know when I'll have a chance to fully debug it, but patches are
welcome. It's probably not totally broken or anything but will take some
time to work through all the small issues.

I don't have the resources to test gcc either, right now I'm using CC
exclusively, so there may still be problems with gcc even if I get it
working. In general I don't support or use gcc on Solaris any more.