mace-opensaml-users - RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

  • From: "George Stanchev" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 16:38:49 -0700

I am building with gcc, yes.

Here is the output from the log:

configure:21753: checking whether pthreads work with -pthread
configure:21797: gcc -o conftest -Wall -O2 -DNDEBUG -pthread
conftest.c -ldl >&5
gcc: unrecognized option `-pthread'
conftest.c: In function `main':
conftest.c:34: warning: 'th' might be used uninitialized in this
function
configure:21803: $? = 0
configure:21807: test -z
|| test ! -s conftest.err
configure:21810: $? = 0
configure:21813: test -s conftest
configure:21816: $? = 0
configure:21830: result: yes

So I think gcc complains but the last line indicates the result is "yes"

I wonder if it is possible gcc to not set the proper exit code and thus
the
scripts to be fooled.

What about that other error. If I manually replace the -pthread with
proper
-pthreads it compiles, but that other error remains.