mace-opensaml-users - RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix
  • Date: Fri, 11 May 2007 19:45:11 -0400

> It fixes part of the problem. I googled around and found other
> open source projects's CVS or SVN commits in which they fix this file
> in this way. It basically forces the configuration scripts to look
> for the right option first on solaris.

This seems to be a common trick, but it seems like it's dependent on their
being only one horrible Unix variant. Once you hit the next Solaris, which
one do you do first? I'll patch them.

> For some reason, there are two such options emitted at build time and
> I cannot find which one generates the second one.

If you mean two copies of the flag on the compiler command, those are
usually caused by the same flags being applied from a pkg-config script of
one of the dependencies. It doesn't normally hurt anything, and if it does,
you'd have to have code to try and normalize the command line.