mace-opensaml-users - RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: building cpp-xmltooling on unix
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 19:58:28 -0400

> I am building with gcc, yes.

I know, and I have no plans to support that. I favor the system compiler in
all cases, and that's Sun's, not gcc.

> What about that other error. If I manually replace the -pthread with
> proper -pthreads it compiles, but that other error remains.

You can add #include <signal.h> and then you'll hit many other errors
immediately after that. There are at least 6-7 files not building right off
the bat, so it's not going to work yet. At least one isn't showing any
immediate signs of fixability, so that means a code around, which takes
longer.

I can check in a couple of fixes, including the signal header, in a bit once
I do a regression check.

That still won't fix the gcc issue, I don't have any suggestion for that,
but if the Makefiles aren't working, then you should consider gcc completely
unsupported right now.