mace-opensaml-users - Re: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 01:26:09 -0500

Tom Scavo wrote:
On 3/2/06, Chad La Joie
Just to be sure I understand what you're asking about. You want some
code in OpenSAML to make it easier to make the query? Or are you asking
for Shib features?

Both, if possible. We use OpenSAML 1.1 to make an attribute query in
the Shib IdP Tester. Will it still be possible to do that in OpenSAML
2.0?

I think that not supporting this would be a step backward. As Scott has mentioned in another email on this thread, Attribute Queries probably aren't really useful for in an SSO model (attribute "pushing" is much cleaner). That said I think SAML has some significant use cases outside of SSO and that, transitively, Shib does too.