mace-opensaml-users - RE: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

RE: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: "'Chad La Joie'" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback
  • Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2006 13:45:26 -0500

> And yes, as you pointed out, there are a significantly larger set of
> bindings and profiles in the SAML 2 spec. I feel pretty safe in saying
> that OpenSAML 2.0 will not have codified support for all of those but
> that as the need arises and time allows we'll try to add support for
> additional ones.

My position is that, over time, any functionality that is useful to add
we'll add, but the priority for the initial releases of 2.0 are the features
required by Shibboleth and that make sense to factor out.

I would expect a decent amount of binding related logic and less in the way
of profile logic, apart from the browser profiles. Most of the other
profiles don't mandate behavior or message content to a significant degree,
so they probably don't have much code at this level.