mace-opensaml-users - Re: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback

  • From: Chad La Joie <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback
  • Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:32:55 -0500

Yes.

What features do you currently use (in the existing code) and what would you like to see added? What things can you just not do in the existing code and would thus like to see in the new code.

And yes, as you pointed out, there are a significantly larger set of bindings and profiles in the SAML 2 spec. I feel pretty safe in saying that OpenSAML 2.0 will not have codified support for all of those but that as the need arises and time allows we'll try to add support for additional ones.

Tom Scavo wrote:
On 3/2/06, Chad La Joie

I'd like to request some feedback in the area
of profile and binding support.

Profile & Binding Questionare
What features do you currently use?
What features would you like to see added?
What things have you tried to do but could not with the current code?

Chad, are you referring to past usage of profiles and bindings in SAML
1.1 (in which case there are only two profiles and one binding) or
future projected usage of profiles and bindings in SAML 2.0 (in which
case there are a boat load)?

Thanks,
Tom

--