mace-opensaml-users - Re: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback

Subject: OpenSAML user discussion

Re: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback

  • From: "Tom Scavo" <>
  • To: "Chad La Joie" <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: 2.0 Status Update & Request for Feedback
  • Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2006 19:03:28 -0500

On 3/2/06, Tom Scavo

> (Globus Toolkit is using OpenSAML in other ways, so I'll let someone
> closer to Globus respond.)

Well, nobody from Globus followed up, so I'll take a stab at it. As
far as I know, Globus Toolkit's primary use of OpenSAML 1.1 involves
the AuthorizationDecisionStatement in conjunction with an access
control technology called Community Authorization Service (CAS). So
I assume Globus would like support for AuthorizationDecisionStatement
(SAML 1.1) and AuthzDecisionStatement (SAML 2.0) in OpenSAML 2.0. I'm
just guessing, but it seems likely that CAS will not be ported to SAML
2.0, so of the two, the AuthorizationDecisionStatement would be most
important.

That's all I can think of right now.

Thanks,
Tom