grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications

  • From: "Cramton, James" <>
  • To: "Tom Barton" <>, "Grouper Dev" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:45:28 -0400

Brown has 2 main use cases where we'd like to use hooks or notifications
to provide additional functionality:

1. The most important is real-time LDAP provisioning. We want to be able
to start an LDAP provisioning process (not necessarily LDAPpc) upon
particular changes to group membership, name, or attribute changes. For
performance reasons, the provisioning process will need to know what
limited set of groups to change--which probably amounts to custom code
identifying the lowest level group and all parents/grandparents whose
membership (mainly) may be impacted by the change.

2. A secondary need is for enhanced audit logging, particularly for
certain high value events, TBD.

Them's our 2 cents.

James Cramton
Lead Programmer/Analyst