grouper-dev - RE: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>, Tom Barton <>, 'Grouper Dev' <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 05:43:57 -0400

> Rather than generating lots of 'small' changes, a single 'large' change
> can
> be vetoed, amended* or notified). I can't sensibly choose to veto

I agree with you that this is useful, and this seems like non-trivial re-work
to the API before adding hooks in.

> The devil would be in the detail of how you represent the changes -
> they
> need to be easily machine readable. Also, do we 'log' effective
> changes?

Can the change log just reference things generally by id and the process
looking for updates could query the data from the api or registry
tables/views? So the change log just has a listing of what has changed, but
now how it has changed? Granted there could be a column where we put info
about it (ala event log), but not rely on machine readability...

Regards,