grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications

  • From: "Tom Zeller" <>
  • To: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • Cc: "Chris Hyzer" <>, "Tom Barton" <>, "Grouper Dev" <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:09:47 -0500

In related projects we've approached the "logical description of each completed transaction" be either storing all changed attribute names or changed attribute names and values; this of course considers all data|objects to be sets of multi-valued attributes (rather ldap-y).

We've also attempted to track 'atomic' and effective changes (add memberA then remove memberA yields no effective change but 2 'atomic' changes), with significant resulting confusion in code but greater ease of use by applications.

As for storage, we've used growing log files which are both machine readable and (reasonably) human readable.

Simplistic: the history-of-changes table(s) could be comprised of generic change objects which consist of an (subject) identifier and a set of (multi-valued) attributes ?

TomZ