grouper-dev - RE: [signet-dev] hooks and notifications summary

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

RE: [signet-dev] hooks and notifications summary

  • From: Chris Hyzer <>
  • To: Neil Matatall <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>, "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [signet-dev] hooks and notifications summary
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2008 13:44:37 -0400

> Also, I'm assuming the 'attributes' is a Map of attribute names/values.
> Being a strong proponent of strict typing and taking advantage of
> compilers, I always find this to be a hassle and very error prone. The

Agreed, though... We do have constants for common attribute names, and even
dedicated setters (e.g. group name is actually an attribute of a group), but
you can also assign custom attributes... so if we don't know what the valid
attribute name is, then its hard to enforce an enum or something. I guess
the name could be an interface which would be a little better... and you
could make constants out of your own custom ones, but it borders on making
things too complex vs making things correct perhaps...