grouper-dev - Re: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications

Subject: Grouper Developers Forum

Re: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications

  • From: "GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing" <>
  • To: Tom Zeller <>
  • Cc: Grouper Dev <>,
  • Subject: Re: [grouper-dev] hooks and notifications
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 09:02:00 +0100

--On 29 May 2008 17:21 -0500 Tom Zeller

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 4:33 AM, GW Brown,

So are we looking at tables with:

date, transaction_id, member_id

transaction_id, object_id, object_type, change*

Gary - what did you mean by object_type ? e.g. group, subject, member ?
or a class name ?
Either would do - just a means of filtering by the target of a change. Could be split into another table i.e. object_type_id and a table for object types.

I guess we might also want to distinguish attribute changes from membership changes. I’m thinking of systems which might want to pull information - but have specific needs which, if reflected in the tables, can reduce the amount of data that needs to be retrieved and processed. We might want to have a tool which can recreate, for a specific group, its membership at specific points in time.

TomZ

GW Brown, Information Systems and Computing