wg-multicast - Re: operational content - excessive traffic to port 9875

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: operational content - excessive traffic to port 9875

  • From: Dave Diller <>
  • To: wg-multicast List <>
  • Subject: Re: operational content - excessive traffic to port 9875
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 15:13:51 -0500

Rutgers also took the hit. We will be removing ip sap listen from our
loopback interfaces also.

And for anyone on Juniper, I use "protocols sap disable" with an annotation, so someone else doesn't turn it on a year down the line. Explicit deny as it were, and more clear about it than just leaving sap out of protocols.

Confirmed, U of Maryland saw the same issue and their 7600 melted. I gave them the magic command to turn it off, so they're back on the air with I2 at present ;-)

-dd