wg-multicast - Re: SDP spike

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: SDP spike

  • From: Simon Lockhart <>
  • To: Alan Crosswell <>
  • Cc: "Morytko, Steve" <>,
  • Subject: Re: SDP spike
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 20:17:19 +0000

On Thu Feb 21, 2008 at 03:09:23PM -0500, Alan Crosswell wrote:
> There still is the rate-limiting issue. If someone DoSes SAP, then if
> you rate limit, odds are you will lose the good announcements and SAP
> will become useless.

If someone DoS's SAP, then SAP becomes useless anyway - our users on the
end of DSL lines were complaining that their DSL lines were full of SAP
traffic (as well as their router CPU melting).

Is it sensible to rate-limit SAP to 1Mbps? Anyone doing this with "ip
multicast rate-limit" on Cisco, and got advice?

Simon