wg-multicast - RE: Multicast ISP question

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: Multicast ISP question

  • From: "Todd Chapman" <>
  • To: "debbie fligor" <>, "wg-multicast List" <>
  • Subject: RE: Multicast ISP question
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 12:21:09 -0800

Title: RE: Multicast ISP question

A little something to keep in mind. We have been working with the Philadelphia Orchestra on a high definition multicast of the Orchestra. There are several educational institutions participating in this effort. Our initial tests did not go very well. While troubleshooting the issue, we requested that CENIC look at the multicast and provide feedback on the quality they were seeing. As it turns out, the CENIC NOC does not have the ability to view multicast content. This may be a sticky point for Foundry. Or, perhaps Foundry can convince the CENIC NOC to get multicast enabled...(we would LOVE that!)

Todd