wg-multicast - RE: SDP spike

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: SDP spike

  • From: "Taylor, Scott J." <>
  • To: "Simon Lockhart" <>, <>
  • Subject: RE: SDP spike
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:26:20 -0500

We at CEN would be curious to hear feedback on how people in large
campus and ISP environments are trying to mitigate this problem or are
rate limit this type of traffic in their networks as well. We have "ip
sap listen" turned off on our networks and didn't notice the effects of
the event. Is turning off "ip sap listen" enough of a BCP to mitigate
this type of problem in the future?

Thanks,

Scott J. Taylor
Network Technician