wg-multicast - Re: operational content - excessive traffic to port 9875

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: operational content - excessive traffic to port 9875

  • From: Alan Crosswell <>
  • To: Frank Fulchiero <>
  • Cc: wg-multicast <>
  • Subject: Re: operational content - excessive traffic to port 9875
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:04:34 -0500

Frank Fulchiero wrote:
> My sincerest apologies, I did not thing it was possible to create so
> much havoc with a little free program.

It's amazing the power of multicast to really screw things up:-) Don't
worry about it Frank. If nothing else, you caused 3 new people to
subscribe to this list and got a bunch of people to finally remove that
"ip sap listen" from their routers (including here, apparently, where I
thought it had already been done).
/a