wg-multicast - operational content - excessive traffic to port 9875

Subject: All things related to multicast

operational content - excessive traffic to port 9875

  • From: "William F. Maton Sotomayor" <>
  • To:
  • Subject: operational content - excessive traffic to port 9875
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:26:25 -0500 (EST)

Greetings folks,
Pardon the operational content.

We just experienced a major amount (multi-megabit) of traffic coming from 136.244.96.104 going to the SAP/SDR multicast address and port (224.2.127.254/9875). All CPUs on our routers broke into a sweat as they tried to process this traffic. I verified this with fellow Canadian RAN Netera and CANARIE. CANARIE has since placed a filter against this address sending more traffic to our networks, but I was wondering if anyone else has felt this. Also if someone could track down the real owner of that IP and ask them to stop, that would be nice too. :-)

Thanks,

wfms

Manager, Special Projects, Advanced Infrastructures
National Research Council Canada
1200 Montreal Road
Ottawa,
Canada