wg-multicast - RE: I rest my case

Subject: All things related to multicast

RE: I rest my case

  • From: "Richard Mavrogeanes" <>
  • To: "John Zwiebel" <>, "Alan Crosswell" <>
  • Cc: "wg-multicast" <>
  • Subject: RE: I rest my case
  • Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 18:07:08 -0400

SSM is certainly on our map. In many ways, it's easy to implement. You are
right, VBrick is a vendor and must be driven by business. There is only so
much "if you build it they will come" a company can undertake, and I doubt my
company will sell more stuff any time soon by having IGMPv3 support, as much
as we can all agree it is "better". With that said, it *is* coming.

But if a L2 switch does not support IGMPv2,
what good will SSM do anyone?