wg-multicast - Re: BCP question

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: BCP question

  • From: "David Farmer" <>
  • To: Bill Nickless <>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: BCP question
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 21:43:55 -0500

What is your opinion of BOGON filters in general?

In your opinion, is there anything particularly more problematic with
a Multicast BOGON filter compared to a Unicast BOGON filter?

I'd suggest adding a section about Reserved Groups in your Draft
on IPv4 Multicast Unusable Groups and Source Addresses. Even
if you come down against filtering them I think some discussion
would be useful, espically since technically they shouldn't be used.