wg-multicast - Re: BCP question

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: BCP question

  • From: "Marshall Eubanks" <>
  • To: "Scott Robohn" <>, "Marshall Eubanks" <>, <>, "Matthew Davy" <>
  • Cc: "Bill Nickless" <>, "David Farmer" <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: BCP question
  • Date: Wed, 03 Sep 2003 00:27:37 -0400

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 21:12:18 -0700
"Scott Robohn"
> Marshall/all,
>
> I assume this is under "normal" conditions. Have you (or anyone else)

It is for right now, midnight EDT, however normal that is. This has been added
to the status runs and so will be available in the future

> been able to digest the data from the worms earlier this year and see
> what the spread looks like under those conditions? I've been curious as
> to what proportion of the worm traffic was destined for the 224.0/16,
> 224.1/16, 224.2/16, and 233/8 blocks.

I have to archive these data pretty rigorously or my disk will fill up.
The best I have on line is August 26 - a mini-worm day

First Octet Histogram

Octet 224 had 747 entries or 38.51 %
Octet 225 had 25 entries or 1.29 %
Octet 226 had 12 entries or 0.62 %
Octet 227 had 24 entries or 1.24 %
Octet 228 had 205 entries or 10.57 %
Octet 229 had 21 entries or 1.08 %
Octet 230 had 9 entries or 0.46 %
Octet 231 had 12 entries or 0.62 %
Octet 233 had 488 entries or 25.15 %
Octet 234 had 19 entries or 0.98 %
Octet 235 had 7 entries or 0.36 %
Octet 236 had 335 entries or 17.27 %
Octet 237 had 15 entries or 0.77 %
Octet 238 had 21 entries or 1.08 %

Tell me what day you really want to see and I can pull it off the tar files
and
get the same info. But not tonight, as I have to get up early.

Regards
Marshall