wg-multicast - Re: BCP question

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: BCP question

  • From: Greg Shepherd <>
  • To: Marshall Eubanks <>
  • Cc: David Farmer <>, Matthew Davy <>, Bill Nickless <>, <>
  • Subject: Re: BCP question
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 22:05:30 -0700 (PDT)

Marshall,

Most of the SA entries I've seen in the reserved range are from
applications where the coder pulled a number out of their.. uh, rear
thought bucket - with only intradomain services intended. Add to this the
worm/DOS vulnerability of MSDP and blocking reserved groups wholesale
becomes appealing.

Greg