wg-multicast - Re: the good and bad

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: the good and bad

  • From: Brent Sweeny <>
  • To: Rick Summerhill <>
  • Cc: "Lucy E. Lynch" <>, Marshall Eubanks <>, "Kevin C. Almeroth" <>,
  • Subject: Re: the good and bad
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2001 14:00:55 -0500

and unfortunately, the Abilene multicast map at the participant level
is still awfully spotty: we can tell fairly easily what connectors we
have msdp and PIM up with, but less about what happens beyond that--if
you don't see mroutes or SAs that doesn't mean they're not enabled.
And the map tends to indicate places where multicast has been sighted,
not whether it's currently enabled, as with the examples given here by
Rick and Ross. So I'm still thinking about how that list could be
better automated. Brent

--
Brent Sweeny

812 / 855-5391
Indiana University Information Technology/Abilene Network Operations
2711 E 10th Street, Bloomington, IN 47408
PGP fingerprint = 13 6C E6 F9 70 7A 89 D6 7E D3 9E DD 68 A2 69 44