wg-multicast - Re: Report from the Miami I2/NLANR meeting

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Report from the Miami I2/NLANR meeting

  • From: Jan Novak <>
  • To: David Meyer <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: Report from the Miami I2/NLANR meeting
  • Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 08:46:02 +0000

> > SO... I'd like to fall back to discussing the idea of
> > how to protect the commodity Internet from people who
> > unknowning join high-speed groups.
>

> Don't join, perhaps? We already have the (protocol)
> machinery to do this. It seems that the problem is

-)

> Or is it something else?

I think, I understand very well, what Kevin means/wants.
We have at least two SM connected countries with quite
careful and knowledgeable people in charge of the mcast
network and they also need "protection" from high speed
streems - for 99% they don`t have any users, wanting the data
- once we kill the rest of DVMRp, I think we will come back to cisco -).

Jan