wg-multicast - Re: Report from the Miami I2/NLANR meeting

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Report from the Miami I2/NLANR meeting

  • From: David Meyer <>
  • To: (Kevin C. Almeroth)
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: Report from the Miami I2/NLANR meeting
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:05:49 -0800 (PST)

> SO... I'd like to fall back to discussing the idea of
> how to protect the commodity Internet from people who
> unknowning join high-speed groups.

Don't join, perhaps? We already have the (protocol)
machinery to do this. It seems that the problem is
with the users (they join groups that use their
commodity link). How does this happen? I have two
(or more paths) to the same source, one commodity and
one I2? And what, I don't prefer the routes from
I2? Then I don't prefer I2 (or am misconfigured).
Or is it something else?

Dave