wg-multicast - Re: Report from the Miami I2/NLANR meeting

Subject: All things related to multicast

Re: Report from the Miami I2/NLANR meeting

  • From: Ron Roberts <>
  • To: Bill Fenner <>
  • Cc: ,
  • Subject: Re: Report from the Miami I2/NLANR meeting
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jan 2000 13:19:05 -0800 (PST)

Bill -

Unfortunately, they can shoot not only their own foot but potentially
many other feet on the branch of the tree leading to them... As part of
developing new techniques to make things better for "the Internet of the
uture", presumably we want to make it at least more difficult for errant
users to degrade parts of the infrastructure? /Ron