shibboleth-dev - RE: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0

  • From: "Scott Cantor" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 14:04:39 -0400

> >> The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation
> >> functionality safely. You MUST exec().

So, I do see this message as you said (on PPC), and so far the module does
seem to work, without much testing admittedly, so apparently the message
isn't totally fatal. It's Apple saying it won't work, but that's different
from it not working, obviously.

Do we have actual evidence of a normal Xerces build not actually working? Or
are we getting the bitness issue confused with this one?

I'm not saying it's not a problem, but I want to understand what's fatal vs.
what's annoying or a sign of trouble to come in the future.

-=- Scott