shibboleth-dev - Re: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0

  • From: Lukas Haemmerle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 15:15:00 +0100

Removing the 64bit part of httpd with:
lipo /usr/sbin/httpd -remove x86_64 -output /usr/sbin/httpd.new
makes Apache and Shib start fine (with some CoreFoundation erros that
probably can be ignored).

Not the ones from earlier? What's still using CF?

I think the errors are the same as the ones we saw earlier:
The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().
Break on __THE_PROCESS_HAS_FORKED_AND_YOU_CANNOT_USE_THIS_COREFOUNDATION_FUNCTIONALITY___YOU_MUST_EXEC__() to debug.
The process has forked and you cannot use this CoreFoundation functionality safely. You MUST exec().

However, this problem is more related to Leopard than to the architecture problem mentioned in my last mail.

Nevertheless, it would of course be great to have mod_shib be compiled
as universal binary.

I probably will need help from Mac people to supply the portfile changes for
that. I'll get the other version macro errors corrected sometime this
weekend.

Hmm, on http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/FAQ#IsMacPortsUniversal
they say that one only has to add "+universal" somewhere. So, I tried this and did a recompile. Unfortunately, already the compilation of log4shib failed. What I also found a bit strange is that Mac Ports apparently only compiles for the 32bit architectures ("-arch i386 -arch ppc") but not the 64bit version or am I missing something here?

/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=compile --tag=CXX /usr/bin/g++-4.0 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../include -I../include -I/opt/local/include -Wall -O2 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -arch i386 -arch ppc -O2 -DNDEBUG -Wall -Wno-unused -pedantic -c -o PortabilityImpl.lo PortabilityImpl.cpp

If true, these 32bit universal binaries wouldn't help much I guess...

Lukas

--
SWITCH
Serving Swiss Universities