shibboleth-dev - Re: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0

  • From: Kaspar Brand <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:06:06 +0200

> I would imagine that it won't work then, I assume the parser uses those
> calls when it processes configuration files inside Apache. I'm a little
> surprised it started up.

Sorry, maybe my explanation was a bit too terse. Switching to the
FreeBSD code still allows doing "standard" file I/O (by using POSIX
calls like fopen etc.), but maybe there's some special path name syntax
which is not supported this way.

Some people from our e-conf/streaming team have been running an SP (1.3,
on Leopard server) compiled with a version of Xerces patched like this,
and it basically seems to work so far, from what I've heard.

> I'm not sure what I can do with it. Did you want me to apply the patch as
> part of the port definition?

If you think it won't break things beyond repair, then yes, that would
probably be a good thing to try ;-) (Developing a proper fix for Xerces
is most likely beyond my coding skills, especially those related to the
native OS X stuff.)

Kaspar