shibboleth-dev - Re: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

Re: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0

  • From: Lukas Haemmerle <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: Minor error(s) in MacPort Shibboleth 2.0
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 11:24:31 +0200

But what code is left that's calling these APIs? Did you build Xerces using my portfile?

Yes, I used the instructions on https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/SHIB2/NativeSPMacPortInstallation

According to ports, it indeed installed xerces from the port file.

curl @7.18.0_0+ssl (active)
icu @3.8.1_0 (active)
log4shib @1.0_1 (active)
lynx @2.8.6rel.5_1+ssl (active)
ncurses @5.6_0 (active)
ncursesw @5.6_1 (active)
opensaml @2.0_1 (active)
openssl @0.9.8g_0 (active)
pkgconfig @0.23_0 (active)
shibboleth @2.0_1 (active)
xercesc @2.8.0_0 (active)
xml-security-c @1.4.0_1 (active)
xmltooling @1.0_1 (active)
zlib @1.2.3_1 (active)

> What I also found a bit strange is that Mac Ports
apparently only compiles for the 32bit architectures ("-arch i386 -arch ppc") but not the 64bit version or am I missing something here?

I think Apple is flat breaking their OS here. If you ship 64 bit code and expect people to build 64-bit libraries, then your toolchain (remember, the gcc here is Apple's) should build 64-bit by default. That's what 64-bit Linux does as far as I can see.
> Maybe this is a libtool issue though.

Or it is a MacPort issue. So far I haven't seen one MacPort 64bit binary, which confirms Alan Brenner's post that mentions MacPort being i386 and ppc oriented only (excluding ppc64 and x86_64 )

BTW, I believe I've fixed the version macros in the portfiles that were broken.

Yes, seems fixed now :)

Lukas

--
SWITCH