shibboleth-dev - RE: shib design call, today (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

RE: shib design call, today (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

  • From: Scott Cantor <>
  • To: 'RL 'Bob' Morgan' <>,
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: shib design call, today (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:00:29 -0500

> which says that distro-provided apaches are all different,
> big sigh. One conclusion could be that we have to support
> building-from-source on an equal footing with
> running-binaries, since that will be the way of the world for
> general apache deployments. Dunno how big a deal this would
> be. Might also be useful/necessary as folks put up RH 8.0
> with apache 1.3.x compiled from scratch, and would like to
> use gcc-3.2 compilation throughout.

Well, really, building the shib libraries and modules themselves is not that
big a deal, it's just all the dependencies.

I'm mostly concerned that building it from source isn't working in this case.
As long as the final make uses the build settings and
headers from the proper Apache, I'd hope it would work.