shibboleth-dev - shib design call, today (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

shib design call, today (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: shib design call, today (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:26:42 -0500

I sent out an agenda on saturday.... this is just to emphasize one item....

I've seen, or heard, a number of reports like this one:

At 11:17 AM +0100 3/17/03, Urs Marti wrote:
Now, the server doesn't respond to http and https requests.
There must be something wrong with the communication between
apache's main process and its children. A examination of shar
and apache-ssl with strace shows all processes waiting in
"poll" syscalls, no wrong file permissions or the like.

one issue is that many of these people seem to be using Debian -- a surprising number -- are we seeing the beginnings of a tidal wave here?

we're also seeing more people installing the target side code......

in any case, these reports all seem identical to Bob's problem report, from when he was compiling apache on RH -- "everything looks ok, but the server doesn't respond".

I'd like to put out a statement -- saying that we recognize there's a serious problem, we're working on it, if you're thinking of going down this road... don't, save yourself some time, until we resolve it....

I'd also like to discuss a strategy for figuring out what's going on
here.....