shibboleth-dev - shib design call, monday (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

Subject: Shibboleth Developers

shib design call, monday (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst

  • From:
  • To:
  • Subject: shib design call, monday (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 15:43:55 -0500

Title: shib design call, monday (3/17), 3:00 pm est, noon pst
Standard logistics:

Phone #:  800-998-2462
Pin #:  5601277

Agenda items:
1) status - 0.8 release
        - known issues/bugs?
                target side problems with compiled apache (RL Bob, report; same report formIJ at I2)
        - any cleanup required?

2) Next steps
        - version 1.0 contents -- see list of possibilities down below; I'm sure others have their own lists; please send other possibilities to this group before the call

3) Shib Agenda, I2 Spring Member Meeting

a) what "hot items" do we want to include in the "next generation demo"?

b) shib-related gatherings during the MM --

tuesday
        3-5 pm, closed shib working group meeting - agenda, lay out work plan for  next period -- post 1.0-- GUI, could include discussion of interoperatbility with PAPI)

        5:30 - 7 pm, open working group meeting - include pilot sites and vendors - use to review progress, devekop AIs?

wednesday
        lunchtime demo (already nicknamed "eat shib...")
        4:45 federations

thursday
        lunchtime demo redux
        shib deployers and users panel - late pm
        weaving a trust  fabric - panel  - shib and pki

4) combined "target login and WAYF" page.....

this issue has come up in several recent conversations; sometimes it turns out to be fear that the WAYF isn't scaleable; other times, a target site feels that 95+% of their usage will be local, with a small amount of external usage, and they're trying to simplify the user experience. This example apparently came from Greg Wood, of I2: